The Art of Encouragement.
We are all called to be encouragers. As moms, we have a mission field right in front of us: our children, whom God declares are gifts that He has blessed us with. Today I read an excellent post about encouraging our children and I thought I would share it with you. Here are 5 ways to be an encourager right now:
1. Express Thankfulness- Tell your child how thankful you are for the chores that they did, the homework they finished, or the smile they gave you!
2. Compliment- Find something that your child did well today and tell them how proud you are of their effort.
3. Speak Love- It may not come easy for some, but
saying I love you to your child each and every day is essential! Don’t
assume that they know!!
4. Build Them Up- Do you see something they are
struggling with? Build them up in that area! Be a cheerleader and come
alongside the sidelines and help them get across that finish line.
5. Smile- A sincere smile of love goes a long way in the heart of your child. Don’t underestimate the power of the smile.
“Encourage one another and build each other up.” 1 Thessalonians 5:11
I would encourage you to read the entire post from Grace Full Mama shared on Roo Mag.
You and your children will both benefit from your efforts!