Friday, June 25, 2010

New House Dream Come True

So much has happened since my last post....We closed on our house June 15th and moved in 4 days later. A dream come true! Every day that I am in this house, our house, I like it even better and my heart overflows with gratefulness to God. I found out that the sellers had prayed and asked God for the right people to buy their house. I believe He answered their prayers and ours! The sellers had to move out of town so we never actually met them. I was able to talk to the wife on the phone yesterday (she is so nice) and think I may have made a new friend.

The neighborhood is wonderful. We live in a cul-de-sac and 3 of the neighbors have already come over to say hello. God is so good! It took some time, but we are beginning to see the fruits of faith and patience concerning this (our) house. I had such peace that I could not explain when we first saw the house back in February. Now that peace is coupled with joy and excitement and gratitude for all that God has done and is continuing to do. This is just the start!

Moving in went quite well. We did not ask anyone for help but friends offered and showed up to help clean new house and old house, mow, move, bring food, and we have offers to help paint! The house is lovely and doesn't need painting but there is a certain someone (can you guess who he might be) who really loves the beach and desires to have those colors in our house. I can't blame him, I like the beach too!

Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: